Cross Platform Support:
* Information sharing has become eminent to supply chain management, as it allows supply chain partners to collaborate more closely.
* However, currently supply chain partners are often on disjoint information platforms, which restrict them from effectively sharing critical supply chain information.
* The information sharing needs and characteristics of a supply chain has been analyzed and subsequently a cross platform framework to allow safe information sharing is devised for seamless information sharing across platforms and devices.
* Disparate platforms allow information management throughout the supply chain, enabling data to accumulate from each step of the chain.
* Simultaneously, access to data can be granted to any involved actor, including the end user.
* In essence, a product or service can be accompanied by a virtual counterpart for gathering data and information over the lifecycle from design and manufacturing to use and final disposal.